We love a good summer punch..but a punch with a kick? It’s fun on occasion but it’s not always the right time to get tipsy, which is why we’ve curated three refreshing NoLo pitcher cocktails; so you can serve and enjoy big jugs full of sophisticated beverages without having to worry about the consequences of drinking one too many!
Each pitcher recipe starts off alcohol-free but is accompanied by our top tips on how to make them a little bit boozy.
Why not serve a range at your next summer party? Ensuring there are alcohol-free alternatives is a brilliant way to reduce the stigma of not drinking. You could make one pitcher for those sticking to 0% (such as the designated drivers and those moderating their drinking), another for the guests who are footloose and fancy-free, and a third for your Uncle Tim…because, you know, it’s your Uncle Tim.
Mix these pitcher cocktails in advance and stimulate your guests with incredible flavours and your delightful company. Ready to get prepared?
Bring on those summer parties!
1. Fresh Punch
With a water content of 92%, watermelons are a fantastic addition to a refreshing pitcher cocktail. Not only do they keep dehydration at bay, but they also provide your guests with powerful antioxidants and essential vitamins!
FRESH PUNCH TOP TIPS:
- Add 100ml of vodka or good quality tequila to make this into a low alcohol pitcher.
- Watermelon’s iconic bright pink flesh and green-striped skin scream summer, so make sure you garnish the jug and a few serving glasses with small triangles of this juicy fruit. Alternatively, serve a platter of watermelon slices to accompany the pitcher!
- Curl ultra-thin slices of cucumbers (use a mandoline) around the inside of the jug for a slightly different decorative touch.
- You could also dip the serving glasses in chilli sugar or salt for a spicy rim - stimulating those pain receptors is a great way to emulate the taste of alcohol!
FRESH PUNCH RECIPE
CROSSIP Fresh Citrus 200ml
Lime Juice 75ml
Watermelon Juice 650ml
Add all of the ingredients to a jug (or a vase…whatever takes your fancy really). Add ice and stir.
2. Pure Punch
Soothe your guests with a gigantic hibiscus pitcher cocktail. Flavourful and steeped in health benefits, the hibiscus plant is a real summer party conversation starter. And it doesn’t stop at stimulating discussion, hibiscus more than delivers on flavour too. Zingy pineapple and orange offset its tartness and the sugar syrup sweetens the deal.
PURE PUNCH TOP TIPS:
- Add some mezcal or spiced rum to the mix to make this a low alcohol pitcher. Alternatively, if you’re feeling snazzy, top the jug up with some fizzy champagne.
- Stir in some thinly sliced circles of orange and garnish with lemon pieces. Serve with thick chunks of pineapple - yum!
PURE PUNCH RECIPE
CROSSIP Pure Hibiscus 200ml
Lemon Juice 75ml
Sugar Syrup 75ml
Orange Juice 250ml
Pineapple Juice 400ml
Add all of the ingredients to your pitcher or large receptacle of choice, chuck in plenty of ice and stir until everything is thoroughly mixed.
3. Dandy Punch
The days may be longer but summer evenings can still get a wee bit chilly in the Northern Hemisphere. Hand out some blankets and serve this deliciously smoky pitcher cocktail; your guests will soon be fine and dandy once again! The combination of mellow pine with soft spice will satisfy even the most refined palates amongst your summer party guests and the sticky citrus blast will leave them gasping for more.
DANDY PUNCH TOP TIPS:
- To make this a low alcohol beverage, mix in 100ml of a full-bodied rum or add alcoholic ginger beer to taste.
- Some rosy red apples would add some vibrancy to this pitcher cocktail but you could also add some lemon twists if you’re feeling fancy.
DANDY PUNCH RECIPE
CROSSIP Dandy Smoke 200ml
Lemon Juice 75ml
Honey or Vegan Honey Alternative 75ml
Cloudy Apple Juice 250ml
Lemon Iced Tea 400ml
Insert all of the ingredients into a pitcher along with lots of ice. Now stir stir stir baby!